Business Case VAX in Mumps
- Application Support and maintenance work on supply ordering MLII system sites and Managed Operations to maintain servers in 6 countries.
- Support has been provided on both DEC VAX OpenVMS-based machines and Windows-based PCs
- Service Requests (problems with hardware and software)
- Change Requests (code change)
- Severity Levels (affected on response and problem elimination time )
- On-call service, 24/7
- E-mails, phone calls
- First line incident management
- Basic operation tasks
Extendia also provides telephone line support to users. Severity 1 (2-4 hours resolution) up to Severity 4 levels are provided. Call-In phone Support is also provided for most hours of the day and weekends.
Extendia has taken over the existing legacy system with minimum documentation, on-line helps, etc. The developers had to examine, analyze, and master the existing system with minimum or no help from previous coders/programmers, to investigate ways to approach the target, document the system for both Maintenance and Code Development and updates, make a functional specification and create a program to implement code modifications.